EastCoastAngler
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EastCoastAngler

The East Coast Angler is a blog about fly fishing, conventional fishing, fishing gear, fishing spots and fish art ... and on occasion, anything else that needs discussing.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what going on in the crazy world of fly fishing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

flyordie

flyordie

I have a pretty good time on the long island sound how about anyone else

2what going on in the crazy world of fly fishing  Empty Where do you fish on the sound? Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:49 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

CT or LI side? I fish the CT side but things but where off to a slow start. You?

https://eastcoastangler.board-directory.net

flyordie

flyordie

i fish most a lot of fairfeild and ny. I have been have a good season. I even had my girlfriend catching striper and blues on a fly rod on a jetty at compo.

4what going on in the crazy world of fly fishing  Empty Compo beach Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:04 am

mrs. eastcoastangler

mrs. eastcoastangler

Where do you fish Compo Beach off the Jettie? Thats awesome you could get your girl to fish with you. Do you fish Penfield reef in fairfield? We should meet up and fish Penfield? I am about a 5 min drive from there. Cheers.

flyordie

flyordie

actually i think we were fishing on the south side past cedar point. Its where everyone bbq's. i love penfield i was trying to catch the incoming tide this morning but missed it. Yea we can meet up , exchange a little knowledge and catch a lot of fish. I haven't done a lot of fishing there but none the less its a great area. great beach to just hang out at also.

6what going on in the crazy world of fly fishing  Empty Penfield Beach Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:23 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I'm in to fish Penfield. Where do you park? By the Sea Grape bar? or Beach Parking? I have other friends that fly fish there. Do strictly fly fish?

flyordie

flyordie

ninety percent of the time im on a fly rod. i park where ever i can. im from ny so or me to park in the beach lot is kind of expensive. I fished pen this past weekend. I didn't catch any fish but i saw sand eels roaming the shallows. I fished the first rock jetty with intermediate line a medium sized clouser at the end of the incoming tide maybe 75 feet from shore, I don't think i was getting deep enough to really get action. Next time i will bring a intermediate with a sink tip and fish a couple of hours after low. what do you guys think.

8what going on in the crazy world of fly fishing  Empty Fly Fishing Pen Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

All my buds mostly are fly fisherman. I'll get you the answers your looking for. I am mostly an all salt. I love chucking plugs. Here is some good news though, Some guy weighed in a 52LB striper @ Jimmy o's a couple of days ago. It was not caught on a fly but on live bunker. The good news is they are here. cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum